Updated: October of 2020
Effective Date: October of 2020
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please contact us through the following means:
Company Name: ZTE CANADA INC
Registered Address: 2550 Victoria Park Ave, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M2J 5A9
ZTE understands the importance of personal information to you and will make every effort to ensure the security and reliability of your personal information. We are committed to maintaining your trust in us and abiding by the following principles to protect your personal information: consistency of authority and responsibility, clear purpose, selection of consent, minimum sufficiency, security, subject participation, openness, and transparency. Meanwhile, ZTE promises to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in accordance with well-established security standards in the industry.
THIS POLICY HELPS YOU UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
- How we collect and use your personal information
- How we share, transfer, and disclose your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
- Your rights
- How we process the personal information of children
- Notice to California Consumers
- How to update this policy
- Contact us
I. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information refers to the information that is recorded electronically or in other ways and that can be used independently or in conjunction with other information to identify a specific natural person or reflect the activities of a specific natural person. ZTE will collect and use your personal information only for the following purposes described in this policy:
REGISTRATION AS A USER
To complete the account creation on ZTE CANADA website, you need to provide the following information: your name, your e-mail address and created account password. (If you purchase products from ZTE CANADA website, you need to provide additional information: your phone number, your shipping address, your optional billing information including: billing name, billing address, billing email and billing phone) The above information provided by you will continue to be authorized to us for use while you are using this service. When you cancel the account, we will stop using and delete the collected information, or anonymize the information.
Your account information will be deleted five years after your last login. Please keep your account active. From January 1, 2021, to December 31, 2022, in case that we restart the online sales or other functions that can be used only after login, we will suspend calculating the expiry date of the unlogged-in account, which means no account will be deleted automatically during this period. If there is no change in the functions of the website, from January 1, 2023, we will restart deleting the five-year unlogged-in account and the related order information.
If we want to use the information for other purposes not specified in this policy, we will seek your approval in advance. If we want to use the information collected for specific purposes for other purposes, we will seek your approval in advance.
Our website also uses the cookie of Google Analytics, which is used for statistics of website access information. Google Analytics cookie includes information to distinguish users. Please refer to Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites for details. Our website uses Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track user session usage, Google Analytics drops a cookie (_ga) with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information like email, phone number, name, etc. Google Analytics will acquire your IP Address. Google Analytics provides website access information, such as pageview, session time, bounce rate, and so on. This information is important for us to improve user experience and site effectiveness. If you want to delete any Google Analytics data – please delete your (_ga) cookies on your computer/mobile device, and/or install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On. ）
We will not use a Cookie for any purpose other than those described in this policy. You can manage or delete a Cookie in accordance with your preference. For details, refer to AboutCookies.org. You can clear all cookies stored on your computer. Most web browsers have the function of preventing cookies. If you do this, the corresponding functions will not be provided. To learn more about how to change browser settings, visit the links: <Internet Explorer>, <Google Chrome>, <Mozilla Firefox>, <Safari> and <Opera>.
- Website beacons and pixel tags (optional)
In addition to Cookies, other similar technologies such as website beacons (also called pixel tags) will also be used on our website. For example, the e-mail we send you may contain a click URL linked to the content of our website. If you click this link, we will trace this click to help us understand your product or service preference and improve customer services. A website beacon is usually a transparent image embedded in a website or email. With the pixel tags in an e-mail, we can learn whether the e-mail is opened. If you do not want your activities to be tracked in this way, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
III. HOW WE SHARE, TRANSFER AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To ensure the security of your personal information, we shall follow the minimization principle and share, transfer, or disclose your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and requirements.
For the companies, organizations, and individuals that share personal information with us, we will take organizational and technical measures in accordance with the local laws and regulations and require them to process personal information in accordance with our security standards, this policy, and related confidentiality and security measures.
We will not share your personal information with any company, organization, or individuals other than ZTE CANADA INC, except in the following cases:
- After obtaining your explicit consent, we will share your personal information with other parties.
- We may share your personal information in accordance with laws and regulations or mandatory requirements of government authorities.
We will not transfer your personal information to any company, organization or individual except in the following cases:
- Transfer with express consent: After obtaining your express consent, we will transfer your personal information to other parties.
- PUBLIC DISCLOSURE
We will disclose your personal information only in the following cases:
- With your express consent.
- Disclosure based on law: We may disclose your personal information in case of law, legal procedure, litigation, or mandatory requirements of government authorities.
IV. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We have taken the security protection measures that comply with industry standards to protect the personal information provided by you against unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We will take all reasonable and feasible measures to protect your personal information.
- Our data security capabilities:
We have been committed to protecting your personal information security.
We have taken various security measures, such as access control system, monitoring system, encryption, anonymization or pseudonymization, employee training and so forth, to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, damage or loss and other forms of illegal processing.
- We will take all reasonable and feasible measures to ensure that irrelevant personal information is not collected. We will retain your personal information only for the period required to achieve the objectives specified in this policy unless the retention period needs to be extended or is permitted by law.
- The Internet is not absolutely secure, and most communications, such as emails and instant messaging, are not encrypted. We strongly recommend that you do not send personal information through such means. Please use a complicated password to help us ensure the security of your account.
- We shall regularly update and publicize the contents related to reporting such as security risks, personal information security impact assessments and so If we affect your personal information rights in security assessment reports, we will actively disclose security risks. You can obtain detailed report contents in the following way:
- The Internet environment is not 100 percent secure. We will do our best to ensure or guarantee the security of any information you send us. If our physical, technical or management protection facilities are damaged, which results in unauthorized access, public disclosure, tampering or damage that affects your legal rights and interests, we shall assume the corresponding legal responsibilities.
- When personal information security incident occurs, we will inform you of the basic situation and possible impact of the security incident in a timely manner, the measures we have taken or will take, suggestions for voluntarily preventing and reducing risks, and remedial measures for you. We will inform you of the incident by email, letter, telephone or pushing notification in a timely manner. If it is difficult to inform the subjects of personal information one by one, we will release the notice in a reasonable and effective manner.
In addition, we will actively report the handling of personal information security incidents in accordance with the requirements of the regulatory department.
V. YOUR RIGHTS
In accordance with personal information protection laws, regulations, standards, and common practices in other countries and regions, we guarantee that you have the following rights over your personal information:
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access your personal information, except for exceptions as required by laws and regulations. If you want to exercise data access rights, you can access the data by yourself in the following ways:
You can access and modify your account personal information in the account page which will be displayed automatically after you log in.
If you cannot access this personal information through these links/methods, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com, or submit the request by login the data subject right response system: pdsr.zte.com.cn. We will respond to your access request within 15 working days.
- CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you find that your personal information processed by us is incorrect, you can log in your account to correct your information. If you cannot correct this personal information through your account, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the request by login the data subject right response system: pdsr.zte.com.cn at any time, we will reply to your request within 15 working days.
- DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can submit a request for deleting personal information in the following cases:
- We violated laws and regulations.
- We did not obtain your consent.
- We violated an agreement with you.
- You will not use our products or services any longer, or your account is canceled.
- We do not provide products or services for you.
If we decide to respond to your deletion request, we will delete all your personal information in the system. Meanwhile, we will also notify the entities that obtain your personal information from us and require them to delete your personal information in a timely manner, unless required by other laws and regulations, or these entities obtain your independent authorization.
- CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNTS
If you want to cancel your account, you can contact us at any time. We will delete all your accounts with your personal information in the system, unless otherwise specified by laws and regulations.
If you had purchased our products on this website before, you can find you historical orders in your account. After your account is canceled, all your information including your orders will be deleted.
- RESPOND TO YOUR ABOVE REQUESTS
To ensure security, you may need to provide a written request or prove your identity in other ways. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request, and we will respond within 15 working days.
VI. HOW WE PROCESS THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
Our products, websites, and services are mainly for adults. Without the consent of parents or guardians, children are not allowed to create their own user accounts.
Although local laws and customs define children differently, we regard anyone under 14 as a child.
If we find that we have collected personal information of children without obtaining confirmed parental consent, we will try to delete the information as soon as possible.
VII. HOW TO UPDATE THIS POLICY
Major changes mentioned in this policy include but are not limited to the following situations:
- Our service model has significantly changed. For example, the purpose of processing personal information, the type of processed personal information, and the mode of using the personal information.
- Major changes have taken place in the ownership structure and organizational structure. Such as changes in owners caused by business adjustment or bankruptcy or mergers and acquisitions.
- The major objects of personal information sharing, transfer, or public disclosure are changed.
- Your right to participate in the processing of personal information and the way you exercise it have changed significantly.
- Our responsible department for personal information security, contact method, or complaint channel have changed.
- The personal information security impact assessment report indicates a high risk.
We will also archive the old version of this policy for your reference.
VIII. CONTACT US
If you are unsatisfied with our response, especially when our personal information processing activities have damaged your legal rights and interests, you can seek solutions through the local data protection agency.